Dear West Irondequoit Families,
As this 2022-23 school year begins, I am so excited to see our West Irondequoit scholars return to learning, to fall sports, clubs, and activities, and to spending their school days with their amazing teachers and their diverse and diversely talented classmates and friends. I am proud of the work that WICPTSA does every school year and every day to bring our community together to support each other, our students and our schools.
I invite you to join WICPTSA today, whether you are a West Irondequoit parent, grandparent, guardian, student, teacher, or other staff member, or any member of our West Irondequoit community who cares about building the relationship between home and school to improve the lives of all children. My involvement with WICPTSA has provided me with meaningful opportunities to get to know the teachers and staff in my children’s schools, to build relationships and friendships with other great parents and families, and to share my voice to advocate for what is important to me in strengthening our children’s education.
Simply taking that first step and joining WICPTSA is a valuable way to support our mission and demonstrate to your family and community the importance you place on education. You will receive regular updates on our work and access to our electronic, up-to-date West Irondequoit activities calendar. There is no time commitment, and we sincerely appreciate every one of our members.
If you do want to be even more involved, we have opportunities for you to be involved, no matter what your interest, talent or how much time and energy you can share. Please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering or have any questions or suggestions for us.
Programs and Services
- Cultural Arts Programs at each school (through BOCES and Young Audiences of Rochester)
- Parent Connection (information/education sessions on parenting topics of interest)
- Family events and activities
- Red Ribbon campaign (a national campaign to promote healthy choices)
- School pictures
- Staff Appreciation
- Math/Science/Technology Scholarships (grades 7 – 12)
- Cultural Arts Scholarships (grades 4 – 12)
- Parents Who Care Directory (grades 7 – 12)
- Creative arts program
- Get Out the Vote
- PTSA Post (our biannual newsletter filled with important district information and news)
- Legislation and advocacy for all children at the local, state and national level
- Parent Advocates for Students with Special Needs