Summer Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM) Program Scholarship
West Irondequoit Central PTSA is pleased to offer students an opportunity to earn a scholarship to pursue further learning in science, technology, engineering, arts, or math. Students who are entering grades 4 – 12 in the 2023-2024 school year are eligible.
- WICPTSA will award up up to eight (8) scholarships to cover the tuition or entry fee up to $100.00 for a camp, a conference, or a seminar related to STEAM.
- A wide variety of programs and camps for STEAM are offered by local universities, colleges, museums, and other institutions. The PTSA wishes to encourage students to take advantage of such opportunities for enrichment. Programs that fulfil STEAM educational requirements of this scholarship, include (but are not limited to):
- Science/technology/engineering or math or their application.
- Cultural arts, including music, dance, drama, creative writing, photography, painting, drawing, weaving, jewelry, or ceramics and media arts, including filming, editing, digital imaging, and print media.
- Please note this does not include sports programs.
- The activity should take place during the summer of 2023 and may not conflict with school attendance, unless sanctioned by West Irondequoit CSD.
- Online applications must be completed online by Friday, May 12, 2023. For students under age 13, online applications must be completed by a parent or guardian, who will copy/paste or attach the application essay written by the student.
- There is a limit of one application per student but multiple students from the same household may apply; and there may potentially be multiple scholarships awarded per household. An individual may not win in two consecutive years.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by June 1, 2023 and announced on the WICPTSA Facebook page.
- Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to WICPTSA President Kate Copeland at (585) 857-7649.